To take advantage of RSRC Open Row privileges, you must:
- be a current member of Rio Salado Rowing Club (Guest rowers can join for a daily or quarterly term). Click HERE for membership info.
- be Open Row certified or a Guest Rower
- have completed the RSRC float test
To download the three Open Row Certification documents, see "RSRC Forms & Info" section of the Resources webpage.
If you are Open Row certified and want to row during a session, please email the facilitator 24 hours in advance by clicking on their name below, and make sure you receive a reply. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee that a facilitator will be present. As always, club boats cannot be taken out without the assigned facilitator present.
- The Facilitator will show you the available equipment and help you carry your boat to and from the beach. You may request a particular boat, BUT understand that scheduled classes have priority over Open Row for boat selection. Additionally, if there are conflicting requests from other Open Row participants, you should be prepared to share equitably.
- Please make no changes in the rigging of the boats. These are club boats and need to accommodate all members who use them. Leave the shoe angle, span, and pitch as they are. Thanks!
- If weather is bad or cold, a four-oar rule will be used -- hence, no singles or pairs will go out.
- If your boat flips, stay with the boat.
- When parking for classes or open row, park under the 202. Do not park on the Marquee Theater side of the lot or your car may be towed.
NOTE: We are always recruiting Facilitators in order to offer more Open Row sessions. If you are interested in becoming a facilitator, email Lynn Etter, Open Row Director.
OPEN ROW SCHEDULE (as of 9/7/17)
|Sunday||8:00 a.m.||Richard Whitehouse|
|Monday||7:00 a.m.||Peter Figgins|
|Tuesday||5:00 a.m.||Pam Neuharth|
|Wednesday||5:00 a.m.||Michelle Wilkie|
|6:30 p.m.||Richard Whitehouse|
|Thursday||5:00 a.m.||Michelle Wilkie|
|4:00 p.m.||Warren Alford|