Taking Strokes Against Breast Cancer
with Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
Saturday, October 26
Join Rio Salado Rowing Club and Rio boatyard friends as we go stroke-for-stride in the fight against breast cancer! On Saturday, October 26th, our team of rowers will take our strokes in a 5k head race on the water along side other boatyard rowing clubs at the same time as the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk is taking place around the lake.
Come to join us in our fight against this disease.
JOIN THE TEAM
- Visit the "Rio Salado Rowers" website and register by joining the Rio Salado Rowers team.
- Donations made on the website will go directly to the American Cancer Society. Donations are completely optional. You are welcome to row with the team if you choose not to donate.
- Please consider wearing a pink shirt on the day of the row. For those who took part in the event last year and have a pink team shirt, be sure to wear it again. For Rio Salado Rowing Club members, there are a few team t-shirts left for purchase ($15) in limited sizes.
Want to participate but don’t know how to row? Rowing is not mandatory. JOIN US and walk, or just cheer us on! Please forward the Rio Salado Rowers Team sign-up information to all of your family and friends who might want to participate.
- Please arrive at the boatyard ready to go no later than 6:30am. We want to have boats on the water by 7:45 so we can start with the Making Strides walkers at 8:00.
- Deadline to register for the Team is Friday, October 25th, @ noon. (Please register sooner so that we can try and put lineups together ahead of time.)
Let’s come together and help raise awareness and funds in the fight against this disease.
Questions? Email Rio Rowers Team Manager, Mindy Covelli: firstname.lastname@example.org